Business Partnerships Officer
Our ideal Business Partnerships Officer candidate will demonstrate experience, a can-do attitude, the ability to learn, adapt and innovate, and a track record of consistently delivering high-quality work. This role is for someone hungry to develop partnerships and proposals that will fund our work and drive new funding to our partner charities around the world. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must—this role requires the ability to craft a compelling and concise message for proposals, to be delivered both in-person and online. We are a digital-first charity and rely on digital tools throughout our work to make positive change happen.
You will be part of a small but mighty team based in London, with colleagues based in the United States, India, and China. We care about using our time, talents, and energy to change the development system by putting people first. We use technology to connect resources and people globally and nurture social connections formed both online and in person.
GlobalGiving exists to transform aid and philanthropy to accelerate community-led change. We are driven by our values: to never settle, remain always open, commit to wow our clients, and listen, act, learn so we innovate and strive for the best.
As Business Partnership Officer, you will play an integral role in delivering on our business development and partnerships strategy. You will develop and maintain partnerships with companies, funders and philanthropists; conceive and write proposals to secure funding to us help deliver our goals; and seek opportunities to raise funding for our partner charities while working closely with the Programmes + Partnerships Manager and the UK Executive Director and global colleagues.
- Drive the growth of the organisation’s earned revenue and fundraising income over the next five years, continuing to improve organisational sustainability
- Build on existing funding sources and develop new business partnerships
- Develop, write, and pitch proposals to prospective clients in-person, over the phone and in writing
- Provide high-quality account relationship management, including reporting to funders and clients
- Support the execution of business partnerships, including research, analysis, strategy development, and supporting the implementation of corporate programmes
- Actively contribute to the business development strategy of the global team, working with colleagues to ensure we realise GlobalGiving’s vision and mission
- Be a pro-active member of our team, supporting colleagues where required and providing excellent internal communications about your work
- 2+ years experience in one or more of the following fields: fundraising, business development, sales, or CSR
- A great communicator with first-class client relationship management and public speaking skills—networking and building relationships are an essential part of this job, so you should be a people person
- Excellent organisational skills, including the ability to multitask, prioritise while keeping to deadlines, and take the initiative to solve problems as they arise
- Exceptional written communication skills, as you will lead on developing and writing high-quality proposals, applications and reports for varied clients and funders
- Comfort working with a small team in a flexible and fast-paced environment, as well as being an independent self-starter when necessary
- Excellent attention to detail and demonstrated responsiveness, reliability and dependability
- Comfort and experience working with digital systems and tools
- Experience working with and managing volunteers is desirable
- Degree-level or equivalent education preferred
To apply, you must include a detailed cover letter that addresses how you meet the requirements for this role including examples. Applications that do not include a detailed cover letter will not be considered.
The deadline to apply is 27th June 2018 and interviews will take place 2nd-5th July. Please state in your application if you are unable to make any of these days for interview.
Note: Candidates must already have the full legal right to work in the UK without restriction prior to application.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Salary: £27,000 - £32,000 pro rata + 5% pension contribution following success completion of probation period
Working hours: Full time (37.5 hours per week) preferred by would consider part time at 30 hours per week
Line management: Programme and Partnerships Manager
Location: Central London (WC1N)